Dextroamphetamine Powder Usage
- Read the Medication Guide and, if available, the Patient Information Leaflet provided by your pharmacist before you start taking dextroamphetamine, and each time you get a refill
- If you have any questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist
- Take this medication with or without food as directed by your doctor, usually 1 to 3 times a day
- The first dose is usually taken when you wake up in the morning
- If more doses are prescribed, take them as directed by your doctor, usually 4-6 hours apart
- Taking this medication late in the day may cause trouble sleeping (insomnia)
- If you are using the liquid form of this medication, carefully measure the dose using a special measuring device/spoon
- Do not use a household spoon because you may not get the correct dose
- The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment
- Your doctor may adjust your dose to find the dose that is best for you
- Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it
- To help you remember, take it at the same time(s) each day
- During treatment, your doctor may occasionally recommend stopping the medication for a short time to see whether there are any changes in your behavior and whether the medication is still needed
- If you suddenly stop using this medication, you may have withdrawal symptoms (such as severe tiredness, sleep problems, mental/mood changes such as depression)
- To help prevent withdrawal, your doctor may lower your dose slowly
- Withdrawal is more likely if you have used dextroamphetamine for a long time or in high doses
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist right away if you have a withdrawal
- Though it helps many people, this medication may sometimes cause addiction
- This risk may be higher if you have a substance use disorder (such as overuse of or addiction to drugs/alcohol)
- Do not increase your dose, take it more often, or use it for a longer time than prescribed
- Properly stop the medication when so directed
- When this medication is used for a long time, it may not work as well
- Talk with your doctor if this medication stops working well
- Tell your doctor if your condition does not improve or if it worsens.
Dextroamphetamine Powder Missed Dose
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember in the morning hours. If it is late in the afternoon or near the time of the next dose, skip the missed dose. Take your next dose at a regular time. Do not double the dose to catch up.
Dextroamphetamine Powder Overdose
If someone has overdosed and has serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call 911. Otherwise, call a poison control center right away. US residents can call their local poison control center at 1-800-222-1222. Canadian residents can call a provincial poison control center. Symptoms of overdose may include severe mental/mood changes, seizures, severe/persistent headache, severe restlessness, and fast breathing.
There are no reviews yet.